Yorkshire-garden-colourmelove.blogspot.com

This was my first blog...there are pics of various family things and garden etc.,

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bronte Country


When I first came to Yorkshire. My mother came to visit me she was really
exited as I only lived a few miles from Haworth. Which is famous for the Bronte
family.
We visited on a cold snowy afternoon.I expected it to be a bleak place.
But Haworth itself felt quite warm & welcoming. The parsonage being quite
close to the other dwellings.
I don't know if I felt this way because of the novels I have read.
Yes the moors are bleak and wild one could almost expect Heathcliffe
to come amblingalong.
But the village itself was thronged with visitors worlwide.
Many of course from the usa & Japan.....
I include a great website to enjoy:
www.haworth.yorks.com

www.bronte-country.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home