Yorkshire-garden-colourmelove.blogspot.com

This was my first blog...there are pics of various family things and garden etc.,

Monday, September 04, 2006

My Garden & Parents interests.........

I have always loved gardens. My mother and father both loved gardens..
In fact in the 20's my mother was one of the first ladies to own an allotment.
She grew many vegetables and flowers winning prizes in local shows.
Allotments were popular during the war in the uk when many had to grow
their own vegetables.
The council allowed people to rent them as many only had small yards in terraces.
My father too loved nature. He knew most songbirds by name. He also loved
gardening especially roses.
I have memorys of happy times in gardens and picnics.
Because my parents were so gifted. I felt as a child I couldn't achieve much
and lacked self esteem for many years.
Now we have our own small plot I enjoy creating!
A PEBBLE GARDEN
A few yrs ago because of all the gardening programmes on TV.
Many started taking an interest in their gardens. As outdoor living spaces.
Many wanted easy care gardens
So I created a small pebble garden.
We also live opposite the river which is quite interesting.
We are uk's most inland port being some 50 miles from the open sea.
We have a narrow front plot and postage size back yard.
Then a paving area. Then rockery area.
When we first bought the house as it had a basement and had been rented
for years. The dirt was piled high almost covering the basement window.
So I had to think of something on two levels hence the rockery.
I hope to take pics of this and download soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home